Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hokey Maskros

Yes, I really did mean to say "hokey maskros". Maskros is the name of the beautiful pendant lamp that I purchased on my recent shopping trip to IKEA. Score! I have been drooling dreaming over this on other blogs and in the catalog for quite some time. Just could not think of the perfect place for it in my home. Well, problem solved...my girly office was now the home of this new delight. Even when I was bonding with the lamp at IKEA (yes, I stared at it for probably a good 10-15 minutes), a very nice lady approached me and said "my friend has that light on her vaulted entry-way ceiling, and it is absolutely gorgeous". Hmm....now that I think about it, she was probably a secret shopper or spokesperson for IKEA. Just kidding. Well, that was my final straw...I caved and gently placed it in my cart and proceeded to prance throughout the store like Cinderella in her glass slippers.

When you see the picture of the before and after, you will understand why I needed something different in my office. And let me just say, do take a moment to notice all of the NASTY absolutely disgusting dust that accumulates on that ceiling fan. (Yep, I showed you...which is a HUGE accomplishment for me). The fan was also not a help (other than to keep me cool because I am always hot), but, I am allergic to a multitude of things, so goodbye extra dust....hello, beautiful light.

Before....outdated and yuck!  And please ignore the stars on the ceiling...my tall children need to remove them for me.




And now...beauty





No comments:

Post a Comment